- Application Deadline: All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time, February 8, 2024. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Applicant Requirements: Applicants must be current students who have completed 50% of their post-secondary education program by the application deadline. This includes students who have completed at least 2 years of a 4 year program and 1.5 years of a 3 year program.
Any student who has completed a 3 or 4 year post-secondary program and is currently in a graduate program is able to apply.
Any former student who has completed a post-secondary program, undergraduate or graduate, in the 12 month period from February 8, 2023 to February 7, 2024 is also eligible.
- Complete Information: Please provide all requested information. Entry lines may be left blank unless marked as required. All required fields in the application form must be filled out in order to submit.
- Authenticity of Information: All information provided in the application must be true and accurate. Providing false or misleading information can lead to disqualification.
- Portfolio Submission: A link to an online portfolio showcasing the applicant’s work is requested as part of the application. The portfolio should be relevant to the field of video design and pixel-based entertainment technology. The portfolio can be a website or a cloud based folder supporting the applicant’s experience. A resume can be included or substituted for the portfolio.
- Skills and Experience: Applicants should list their top three skills and answer software/hardware/design specialization questions. The top three skills should represent the applicant’s most advanced experience and desired toolset for future employment. The answers are not required but highly recommended for the application and will be featured in the New Talent list. There is more room in the software/hardware/design specialization fields to expand on applicant knowledge.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are asked to provide a personal statement explaining their ideal career and interesting things about themselves. This is a chance for the Education Committee to get to know you and where you might thrive in the many working environments available in the entertainment production industry. Please use this space to describe innovative use of technology or design in your work, your ability to collaborate with a team and your interest in working in entertainment production.
- Incomplete Application: If a candidate fails to provide all the required information or documents in their application, they could be disqualified. This could include missing personal details, incomplete answers to questions, or missing portfolio items.
- Late Submission: If a candidate submits their application after the deadline, the application will not be viewed. The application site will be taken offline by February 9th.
- False Information: If a candidate provides false or misleading information in their application, they could be disqualified.
- Violation of Program Rules: If a candidate violates any rules or guidelines set by the program, they will be disqualified.